Sunday 1 July 2012

Changed Again


My Kitchen Cupboard
This is my latest arrangement in my kitchen cupboard. I just love some of these things that I have collected over the years or have been gifts to me from kind friends and family.                                                             The metal coffee grinder, from Thunder Bay, was from my mother-in law and has a wonderful story that goes with it.                                                                                                                                            The little watercolor of a cat is from my sister Gwen ( as is a very large number of my good old stuff ) and is one of my favourite pictures.
The  old, wheat pattern, ironstone sugar bowl ,by W & E Corn of Burslew, England  just above it ,behind the bicycle, belonged to my Mom and I just love it.
Most of my ironstone plates are Woods & Son's England, wheat pattern that I bought, at a garage sale, at a little United Church in Manitowaning, Manitoulin Island ( our best place to visit).
My latest addition (something I have wanted for many years) is the covered vegetable dish, my only piece
that is in the fern pattern, is from Thomas Furnival & Sons of England ( 1871 - 1890 ).

The sampler on the wall, to the right of my cupboard was done by my mother,at age fifteen, in 1928, the chair below it was our family birthday chair and the mandolin on the wall, in the left corner, above my husbands keyboard, belonged to his mother.

As you can see I love things with a history and most everything in our house has a story to tell.




Photobucket

2 comments:

Another blog design by
Cottage Remnant